Monday, March 23, 2009

My new assignment! (Will meet Dr. Suguna later to check)

We have received a brand new assignment by the new Canadian lecturer, Dr.Suguna Logan.

At HELP Univ. Coll., we were acquainted by new assignments during tutorial.

Lourdes (Sabahan colleague at HELP) notified me earlier about this assignment

but I couldn't have much time to look at it. So, when I go to the tutorial, everyone

was so anxious to know what Ng Siew Li(she's a hottie tutor) has along her sleeve.

And then, the class became so noisy when Siew Li told us about the new assignment.

Guess why? Because the Abnormal Psychology lecturer

wants us to explain the terms "Mental Disorder" through POETRY! omg omg omg!

I don't know why people was so overrated with this stuff,

I am a guy, and I have a sentimental value growing up in me. I don't mind writing a poem,

so why would you?

So, after delaying a week to touch on the topic, last night I started doing the assignment.

And today, I would like to share something that I have not shared with anyone before (actually I did, I have had the opportunity of posting two poems in my previous school magazine a few years back!)

I have not figure out the title yet, maybe you guys should help me;





How do I live?

I sat, laugh

I smiled, sometimes down

Can’t anyone see?

Senses I feel, images I saw

All in my mind, all in one

I was once contented,

I was once on cloud nine,

But not now,

All gone,

Departed somewhere, gone with the winds

Then again,

I still smile, more arises

How do I live?

Do you see me?

I’m here,

Do you still see me?

Here, near the trashcan

Lying down,

On a hard rock mattresses,

Cozy pillows,

Those which you call trashes, on cement covered by boxes

This is my place,

Yes, I befriended with mice,

Yes, I listen to a song sung by those creepy crawlies

But when I talk, they listen,

At least they do to me, then again I smile

Because I have friends

How do I live?

I eat what people eat,

Foods they threw,

I drink what people drink,

Water, everywhere I can find

How do I live?

I lived by jeers,

I lived by mocks,

I lived by cynical applauses,

But I don’t care,

Because I’m happy

How do I live?

I grieve for all, I always do,

My children were taken away,

Far from me,

My ‘late’ husband went missing,

I always long for them,

How do I live?

By waiting them to come home,

Until the end of my time,

To a hut made of boxes,

Which I always call

Home sweet home.



P/S: I know... Melancholic! cant be bad enough, eh?

Well, guess what! At least I finished my assignment in an hour while

drinking Season's Lemon Tea Ice in my room!! hahahaaa!!!

4 comments:

  1. "I am a guy, and I have a sentimental value growing up in me. I don't mind writing a poem,
    so why would you?"

    setuju sgt3!
    hehe!
    kuhh!
    siok ne assignment kamu.
    e2 ka poem ko buat?wow!
    u got talent! :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. deii c magalab..
    iya bha,kna bagi dua pilihan..
    samada mo buat essay atau poem..
    sepa d rajin mo buat essay..
    trus dgn semangat yg semakin menjulang tinggi untuk menghabiskan assignment dgn cepat,sya setuju untuk membuat poem..ngah ngah ngah!
    tggl dua lg assignment mo buat pastu final,tp pastu nda tau sempat balik sabah ka nda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this poem. is this what u submitted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes Angie...
    this is what i've submitted to Dr.Suguna. :)

    ReplyDelete