Monday, October 20, 2008

Woman Driver..

Just like last week, I was late. I had to wait for a train that will only come every 30 minutes and then run to the bus terminal to hop on a bus to Damansara, but with a long queue and the bus that will only come every 30 minutes as well was impossible for me to reach college in 1 hour.
And today, when hopped on the bus, I saw something that makes me think a lot. I was clinging to the pole beside me and as I look around, I saw the bus driver’s face. I was kind of surprised the driver is actually a woman. I know this is normal for my seeing a woman driving a bus in my hometown, but in a metropolitan city like this?
From then on, I kept thinking how does she managed to control every single person that got into the bus she’s driving and how does she manage to actually get into a job like this as she is a woman. Loads of questions run through my mind. What makes her think this is the right job for her? Or maybe this is what she HAS to do. How about her children? It was early in the morning, and she has to assists her children to go to school.
It is an interesting topic to talk about. I guess some of us don’t realize that women are as strong as men. In my opinion, this woman does what she has to do. Because, no woman likes to be somewhere they’re not supposed to. I mean come on, cliché’ thinking
says that the job is only for a man. But then another thing came up, how about a job like a Minister or even President? These job don’t necessarily need a man to do these job because women have more specific, clear and detail thinking. So thumbs up to women.
I can conclude that today, I learned something. Job doesn’t always come to us just like that. To achieve it, something must be done and that is that. Balancing with our ability, passion and effort gives us major chance of getting to where we are intending to go, or what do we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment