Monday, June 29, 2009

Presentation Day. Six days to fly back home.

I triggered my cousin’s anger at 1am today, sorry cuzzie but I need it for the presentation at 8am today. After setting up irritation in my cousin’s head, I went straight to bed and yea… I snored. At around 6.50pm aunty woke me up to get ready to send the girls to school. I wasn’t aware that it’s already 6.50pm but I managed to ask Daniel what time was it. When he said it’s 10 minutes before 7, I was like “GIRLS! COME ON! I GOT A PRESENTATION AT 8 FOR GOD’S SAKE!” so they did. Worried that I would be late (which I apparently did), I almost forgot the way to Linda’s school.

I stamped on the paddle rapidly so that I could reach their school as quick as I could, the traffic was fine but it was slow. I couldn’t remember much how long it took to send them all to school, not mentioning Ana’s as well. Then I reached home at 7.40 something and I prepared myself hastily.

There was a time when I grabbed my belt to put it on around my waist, and when I clicked it together, one of the buttons was gone. I do have another belt but I remembered my brother took it from me the other day when he’s going back to his house. I didn’t give much thought about that thing though. I remember I flung it away somewhere I couldn’t recall, and then got ready for college. I ran out of the house with my loosen jeans and with my Psych shirt to the bus stop. Of course it’s impossible for me to wait for a train because the time already shows that it’s almost eight, several more minutes and my turn to present my proposal.

I waited for like 10 minutes for a single cab to show up. I hopped on wishing that the road is smooth. When we left Pantai Dalam, suddenly I saw cars LINED UP like hell who knows… IT’S JAMMED!!!!! I don’t even have the nerve to look at the road; I closed my eyes and prayed that it would get better. Then suddenly the taxi driver turned the car to the left, right, left leeeeeeeeeeeeeeft, and to my astonishment, he managed to get me to Jalan Maarof and for those who don’t know where on earth is Jalan Maarof, it’s a road that is located almost to my college. I looked at the time, it’s 8.20am.

We reached college at around 8.25am and the fare was like RM8.10. I planned to give him the whole RM10 note because I was sooo late and thinking that waiting for the change would waste my time, but then I didn’t. I remember the advise from the elders . Nasihat ibubapa,”nak…kalau di tempat orang, belajar la berjimat yah” (supaya sampai Sabah ada duit pigi clubbing!) Nguah nguah nguah!!!.

I went in to the class, and Ms. Elaine gave me the ‘Haiye…’ face. “Sorry Elaine, just now I was….” Then she interrupted “I don’t wanna hear anything. You’re the last one to present.” Then OK lah… This Zimbabwean guy sat beside me (or I did? Hurmm…) he asked me where did I get the marking form, and I said it was from the course outline. He wanted to pinjam it and go photocopy so I said ok no prob. It was so tensed watching all the presentations from the candidates. I saw ‘multitasking’, ’platinum racquet’, “Greenest building on Earth” and so on *English pleeaaassseeee. Then when I think of mine, I remember ‘volunteer’, ‘psychologist’, ‘home’, ‘education’ silly words you can see painted on street walls. I guess I could’ve done better.

Then it was my turn. Some problems with my computer, I can’t connect to the LCD or is it, White screen board? I don’t even wanna remember. So The Zimbabwean went first, he presented his proposal in like 1minute and quarter. I tried cooling myself down, and there I was. Eyes were set on me~~ Woooooooo~~ Waaarrrghhh~~ Urggghh~~~ Na, I managed to recover my fear. I gave them a nice and comical start, and I was surprised that they really laugh on my weird act. I think I projected the loudest voice along the presentation.

“Good morning everyone, Mr. Bill Gates thank you so much for coming today. Fellow candidates. My name is blab la blab, 20 years old and from Sabah. I am currently studying in HUC taking bachelor of blab la blab…”.“Because education nowadays, Erm (giving the ‘hish!’ expression) important!”, “I don’t wanna talk about why should you pick me, because I am representing the world, not myself”. “I don’t wanna be like someone who’s watching Bersamamu and say uh, I hope I can do something to help! And then went back to sleep, snore” and again, THEY LAUGHED!

Then the moment of truth comes, Q&A session! Damn it, I’ve always hated this session since FOREVER! But then, questions only came from one guy. I managed to cut the question and tried answering it before he actually finishes off his question. All his 3 questions were answered directly without any ‘urm…,’ ‘Err…,’ ’Urghh..wait’. Damn I am so good in making up spontaneous answers *though it’s not accurately accurate LOL!. Hahaha! Sorry dude! But Chika, I managed to retrieve your dignity! LOL! Apparently, it was the same guy that asked Chika so many questions the other day and I made him look bad, oh what a bitchy *excuse the language act.

After I’m done with the presentation, and forgetting to thank the guy that lent me his computer (sorry, and thank you so much!), I went to my seat. One guy approached me and asked my help to do a review about something, I forgot! It took me around 10minutes to finish it up. After it’s done, he took it back from me and thanked me. Then what surprises me was, before he left he said “awesome presentation, man!” And I was like, “Err… Thanks I guess” then after that, I ran to the campus bus station to wait for the bus going to the main block. I hopped on and sat on the first row. Another guy came up to me again and said “hey, great presentation!” and again, I was… quiet and I looked at him. “Dude, it was a one-night-crammed work” and then the conversation keeps on going.

Ouh yea I forgot to mention my aunty. Aweyn and Nadia’s mom and Cikgu Asnah were here since yesterday. After getting off of the plane, they and aunty Ati went straight to Nilai and PKNS to buy some shawls and etc(had to include that) because I saw that they have 4 luggage full of fabrics. Shirts, Baju Kurungs, scarves, ouhh and I don’t what else they stuffed in those baggages. They left the house to the airport before I even reach the house. May God be with them along the way.

After everything’s tidied up, I and aunty were so exhausted and plain weak that we don’t even have the intensity to lift our butt up on the chair. We were so tired! It’s now 2.34pm; I’ll try to post something up later tonight. Maybe something will happen today, not hoping, just a feeling

.

The Slides

P/S: My dad sent me the itinerary of my flight. Six days to go, and Sabah here I commmeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment