Thursday, October 29, 2009

the day

I sold my day by coming home early from campus. I went back just after attending Cheah's experiment. I was about to cancel my experiment for yesterday as I was seriously 'lethargic' to wake up from my sleep. I was lying down and reached my computer and went online. I went ipsy.help.edu.my to cancel my sign up but when I saw it was actually an experiment held by Cheah, Jeevi, Yi Ling, Jared and the others, well they are good friends of mine so I decided to just go "just for them". Spongebob and Aly were some of the participants in their experiment, and me too. JARED IS CRAZY! hahaha! There I said it, just imagine I walked down the corridor to the experiment room and he was like "What are you doing here? Go home lar, we don't want you here", and I was like "Eih, it's good dy you know signing up for your experiment cuz seems like you guys haven't gotten much participants! Hahahaa!". But, yeah! He's always been like that since our first semester, he always feels horny. After done with my 30-minute experiment, I went back home, straight away. And slept with my computer turned on on the table beside me, and of course the music grasping through the atmosphere in my room.
Aunty went out to fetch up uncle from the airport. Yes, he's came back. Now, that certainly means 'supper' almost every night hahaha! Gemuk la sya ni mcm ni... So yeah, as expected, I sat in front of the TV and my computer and Linda was chatting with hell I know who. Suddenly, heard a voice coming from up the stair, "Ira, supper!" and I giggled as I knew that was coming.
Enough of that, now I want to talk about something that bothers me yesterday.

The Conflict
On Facebook, there was this user Yogi recommended me but I forgot what its name. It wasn't actually a common user, it's like a regularly-updated-news-summary user. I was reading the comments and it suddenly hits me that there was this particular commenter mentioned the name Malingsia, I was pretty hesitant to actually comment about that but then, I did eventually. I commented as it should be, appropriately with a smile emoticon at the end of the comment. But then, their respond was pretty unpleasant. I would like to copy and paste what they have responded but I've actually deleted it from my friend list. I wouldn't know that Malingsia actually has a meaning behind it, if I hadn't interrupted their conversation.
But first thing first, why do I give a shit about this? You see, after the batik, a particular song and tarian pendet conflict between Malaysia and Indonesia the other day, I realized that more and more taunting websites are arising. They have been talking about Malaysia so much that I actually happened to pay a visit to some of the sites. And let me tell you, that several of the comments are pretty shocking, appaling, dreadful and outrageous if I wanna put it in words.
So, back to topic. Putting the name Malingsia in the view, after getting myself involved into the conversation, they have actually given me the idea of how did they managed to stumble on such name for us. I knew since I was a kid, the word 'maling' denotes the act of stealing, so generally speaking, its Malingsia = Malaysia = Stealer. After pardoning these people, they suddenly replied like I predicted, callously. After explaining to them nicely (again with smiley at the end of the sentence), I decided to just delete the user from my friend list.
It's not that I feel a hatred inside of me, nor disgust. Just that, it's making me uncomfortable with the way they speak. I have no idea why Yogi actually recommended me this user in the first place. Not blaming Yogi, I am actually happy with what he has done. In fact, I am delighted cuz it seems like he's already treated me like I'm one of them Indonesian. I love my friends, and guess what, my best friends in college are from Indonesia. So there's no reason for me to hate or be appalled on these people.

P/S: consider this as a non-sensitive issue to talk about. peace no war! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment