Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reflective Journal (week 1)

It is the day where I had to attend my first class at HELP University College. It was the day Muslims start to fast, so after having an early breakfast I went and get ready. Unfortunately, I was still an hour late. Maybe this is because I just started to learn how to take public transportation. I may just take a cab, it’s a whole lot easier. But I don’t want to spend much of my money on a cab, I’m afraid that it would be my habit to use a taxi as my routine transportation, just imagine how much money I’ll waste.

The first class that’s held today was PSY110, Career Guidance class. The lecturer, namely Ms. Yeo Pei Li is a nice and bubbly person. She has asked us to call her Pei Li. Well, apparently I found it a little bit awkward as I never called any of my teacher as their own name before. But yeah, I have to deal with it. WELCOME TO UNIVERSITY!

Lecture today reminds me of my parents, especially my mom. She really wants me to get into ‘that medical stuff’ She even tried to ask my uncle to persuade me to apply for medical course. Yes, I do tried and most of them responded positively but somehow, somewhere in my mind I know that I’m not that good enough to be in this field. My first option is actually to be where my brother is, taking a course in Law and then comes Psychology.

And when I think it all over again, at least I should give some variety in career. I knew that my mum would be disappointed in what I was planning to take. But she managed to get things over well.

When I start my study at HELP University, I knew that Psychology is the one for me. Hence, when I participate in Pei Li’s class, Career Guidance really opens my mind, I don’t see PSY110 as some sort of guidance on choosing a career. I look at it as more of a ‘spirit-lifter’, it gains our love for our own passion. It gains my love for Psychology and I should thank Ms. Pei Li for that.

My expectation towards the courser that I am taking now is just simple. It gives me money so that I can pay back my loan, as well as pay back all the money that I spent which came from my parents’ hardwork(SERIOUSLY!). I know it’s a little bit cliché` but what can I do, a son got to do what a son got to do,right?.

Best Regards,

Indra

No comments:

Post a Comment