Monday, October 13, 2008

new week...new problem

Last week was the ‘Raya’ week. I couldn’t attend any of the lectures for the whole week as I was in Sabah helping my family getting ready for the Raya celebration. It’s always a good feeling going back to our hometown, isn’t it? Even though it only takes a week or two. It eases the feeling of longing for our family and friends.

Looking at the people around us actually can trigger something in our mind. Like, when I was in my hometown, I and my friends did our own so-called ‘activity’, which is loitering around. We’ll find a place where we can see people around and we’ll start sitting and talking for hours. But, what makes that day different was the way I look at the people around me.

The moment I glanced at the society there in my hometown, I feel like so grateful that I am able to continue to achieve my dream by pursuing my study in the university. Then, I see a friend of mine. He’s two years younger than me, but he stopped his study before he could even finish his high school, it all happened after his mother’s dead. He got three elder brothers and a younger sister. His father still around but barely go and look out on his children because of his new family.

All of them have not been able to continue and even finish their high school because of the lack of financial support. However, by working day and night, then are now able to stand on their own.

I couldn’t imagine what will I be if I stand in their shoes. The challenges are hard, and they faced it by themselves. They are now looked mature enough to talk about finances and life because of the experiences they have.

Now, I realize that nowadays hard work is what matters most. By doing the best we can, we can achieve whatever we want or at least increases the quality of our life. For me, by examining ones experiences, I can take the positive and negative value of the outcome to be adapted to my life. By only examining my friend’s lifetime experiences, I learned a lot about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment